Concerned About Last Mile Delivery Costs? Optimise Now!
Logistics, or more specifically, the last mile delivery workforce, is fast becoming the new face of retail. With conventional in-store shopping on the decline, deliveries are, in many cases, the only face-to-face touchpoint a business has with its customers.
The last mile is also the most costly element of the logistics operation, especially when it concerns the small, doorstep deliveries typical in consumer retail. So while it is, today, a source of competitive advantage for your business if you do it right, the need to keep costs under control is paramount to protect profitability.
That’s the primary last-mile logistics challenge, and one that can only be overcome if you’re able to optimise your delivery routes for efficiency and fuel economy.
Chat to our transport planning consultants located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Bangkok and Vietnam today.
Our transport planning consulting assignments have ranged across the world and include countries such as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States & Vietnam.
Are You Keeping on Top of Last Mile Costs?
Is your business experiencing unprecedented growth in last mile delivery volume?
Are your deliveries becoming smaller and more frequent?
Are your last mile delivery costs rising?
These are the issues facing so many businesses, especially retailers, today.
If yours is among that number, now is the time to regroup, focus in on your last mile delivery operations, stop making successful delivery your number-one priority, and replace it with successful, efficient, and optimised delivery. Why? Because if you don’t do so, you can be sure your competitors are.
Perhaps you’re already experiencing the dilemma of knowing your numbers of deliveries will continue to increase, and that at the same time, they’re taking a bigger bite of your business revenue and creating service-level challenges. It can be a frustrating state of mixed feelings.
The solution lies in effective delivery-route planning and optimisation. Fortunately, today’s digital technology has made that more achievable than ever before, especially when it’s combined with the expertise and experience of a Logistics Bureau consultant.
Route Optimisation Consultants: Tough with Technology Alone
- The latest route planning and optimisation software products are sophisticated and powerful. However, they are still only as good as the data you provide them and the level of accuracy and detail with which you set up your planning parameters.
- Without appropriate attention to set up and deployment, digital route planning tools can be frustrating to work with, and if not configured correctly, can even result in reduced delivery efficiency.
- Ideally, you should complete an initial round of analysis and monitoring using strategic optimisation software, before setting up your tactical solution for day-to-day route planning. This will help you to determine the best parameters, such as zoning and road speeds.
- Strategic modelling tools can be costly to procure, and challenging to get the best from without time and effort from a skilled analyst.
One alternative is to let the Logistics Bureau consultants carry out your analysis.
We have the tools, techniques, and knowledge to quickly and comprehensively test a wide range of last-mile delivery scenarios, including:
- Increases in home delivery volume.
- A rise in the volume of online orders.
- The impact of customer geography and order profile on transport cost and service.
- The impact of varying transport delivery time windows.
- The impact of changing vehicle types and sizes on utilisation and cost.
- The impact of changing driver shift patterns.
Not only will this type of modelling help you to configure—or reconfigure—your route planning software for greater efficiency, cost savings, and customer service, but it will also help you to identify opportunities to make improvements in your supply chain strategy and distribution network design.
Companies that Trust Us
Helping You Get the Best From Every Last Mile
From bread and milk to ready-mix concrete, our consultants have been helping businesses to optimise route planning, scheduling, and drop allocation since way back in 1997.
Back then, there was not much in the way of sophisticated electronic technology to help, so we’re well-versed in using our knowledge of logistics and transportation to help our clients.
Today that translates into an added advantage for your enterprise when you engage us to help with your route planning and optimisation. We have all the technological tools to do the job, but we also have genuine skills and expertise to bridge the gaps—even today, digitisation can’t solve every routing conundrum.
We’ll work with your team to test a range of alternative routing scenarios relevant to your business, fleet, and locality or region, whether your enterprise is in Australia or Outer Mongolia, and whatever industry you operate in.
15 Minutes to Success with Optimisation & Route Planning Consultants
It needn’t take long to make the first inroads into route planning improvements. In fact, a 15-minute call with one of our experienced transport consultants should be sufficient to give you the start that you need.
Better still, it costs nothing, and comes without any obligation to engage us further—although, of course, we’ll be very happy if you do.
That said, we’ll only take engagements in which we’re confident to make a positive difference, and your call will help us to make that decision. At the very least, it will leave you with some ideas to begin working on more efficient routing for your delivery workforce.
Here are the steps we’ll complete during your free advisory call:
- We’ll review your current situation.
- Identify some of the issues that may be holding back delivery route efficiency.
- Map out a simple 3 step action plan for you to work on those issues.
- Leave you feeling clear about the next steps to take.
Book your call now.
Where You’ve Seen Us
Planning on Higher Delivery Volumes? Talk to Us!
Do you have some distribution and delivery scenarios that you’d like to test? Are you concerned about rising numbers of deliveries—and rising costs? Would you just like to get some ideas for optimising your last mile delivery routes?
We’re happy to help and to get involved if you need us. To learn more, complete the form and our transport planning consulting team will get in touch. You can reach us by phone if you prefer, at +61 (2) 8212 9775, or send an email to [email protected]