Excessive Time to Serve: Is it Handicapping Your Supply Chain?
Time to Serve Consultants that Deliver!
When your business or organisation is dependent on a supply chain to keep goods, information, and money flowing smoothly from source to destination, time is NEVER on your side.
It’s the one loss you can never recoup. That’s why, although there is a limit to the amount of time you can remove from the passage of material through your supply chain, the effort to ensure no time is wasted, and to minimise overall time use, is one that every enterprise should make.
But how do you identify and eliminate sources of time wastage and reduce your company’s time to serve (TTS), and how do you even find the time and resources to do that?
Chat to one of our time to serve consultants located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Bangkok and Vietnam today. Just click the “talk to a consultant” button above.
Our time to serve consulting assignments have ranged across the world and include countries such as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States & Vietnam.
You Need to Make Time to Save Time
With an entire supply chain to oversee, finding where bottlenecks exist and unnecessarily increase time-to-serve is never easy.
Companies sometimes make the mistake of short-cutting processes and compromising quality to gain the easy wins. This often proves to be a false economy, because as Eli Goldratt famously said
“An hour lost at a bottleneck is an hour lost for the entire system. An hour saved at a non-bottleneck is a mirage.”
Process inefficiencies, productivity constraints, supplier behaviours, resource shortages, inadequate systems and solutions—all these factors can add to the time needed to serve your customers.
Still, identifying bottlenecks requires time, resources, and money—possibly a considerable amount of each.
And where do you even start? …
Do you have the time and resources to map out your entire supply chain, measure lead times and cycle times, check processes for efficiency, and identify the specific factors that add to your time-to-serve?
It’s a prospect that fills many supply chain managers with trepidation, but time is money, and every wasted minute in time-to-serve is costing money for your organisation.
Do You Have Time to Cut Your Time to Serve?
A thorough TTS analysis can be a complex undertaking. While various methodologies can be employed, it can be a good idea to start by segmenting your investigation into categories, such as:
- Time to product development
- Time to source
- Time to deliver
- Time to react
By dividing your task into bite-sized chunks, you can prioritise the areas where you think the greatest opportunities lie. You don’t even need to take on the whole supply chain analysis as a single project.
Nevertheless, even analysing and reducing time-to-serve in one small area or aspect of your supply chain operation can be onerous. You’ll also need to consider potential trade-offs, benefits, and drawbacks of taking action.
- How will time to serve reductions influence quality, costs, revenues, and profits?
- What are the barriers to overcome in cutting your time to serve?
- Does the cost and effort of reducing time to serve in a specific area justify the action?
When time-to-serve efforts are directed appropriately, potential benefits include:
- Strengthened service propositions
- Reduced supply chain risk and variability
- Operating cost reductions
- Working capital improvements
- Improved profit margins
- Improved cash flow
But you may find these benefits hard to achieve without a laser-targeted approach, requiring attention from people with the right expertise, as well as the tools and software enabling you to gather, process and visualise TTS data.
Instead of trying to do all this by diverting your supply chain professionals from the day-to-day, and taxing your IT team with yet another project, you could talk to the time-to-serve experts at Logistics Bureau.
- We perform time-to-serve analyses frequently for our clients, and can hence bring you the results you need quickly and without significant disruptions to your teams’ normal business activities.
- We target a variety of objectives as part of a supply time reduction project. Specific goals will depend on the needs of your organisation, but our objectives typically include:
- Meeting reduction targets in supplier, service, manufacture and customer lead time
- Eliminating process steps which add time and expense
- Implementing steps which save time and add value
- Reducing/eliminating supply chain hand-offs
- Attaining buffer inventory reduction targets
Companies that Trust Us
Let’s Cut Your Time-to-Serve Excesses
- Logistics Bureau has successfully completed more than 1,600 projects for our clients over the last two decades. Many of these projects included the reduction of cycle and lead times throughout the supply chain, so our team is well-versed in TTS optimisation.
- Along with the experience and expertise of our consultants, we apply proprietary diagnostic tools, developed in-house, to help you analyse, prioritise, and project the benefits and trade-offs of time-to-serve reduction measures.
- We can show you where, and how, supply time is limiting your supply chain performance—and help you identify and implement the right steps to improve.
Start With a FREE Chat With our Time to Serve Consultants
If you’d like to get some help identifying potential supply chain bottlenecks or some tips for time-to-serve reduction that can be implemented quickly, a free, 15-minute consultative call with one of our experts is all it takes.
During that call, we will:
- Review your current situation.
- Identify potential issues that could be adding to your time-to-serve.
- Develop a 3-step action plan for you to address those issues.
- Leave you with some ideas and tips to analyse and improve TTS.
Book your call with our Time to Serve consultants today.
Where You’ve Seen Us
Time is Wasting, Act Fast to Reduce TTS
Logistics Bureau can ease the burden of time-to-serve analysis and improvement, and we won’t waste any time in the process.
Why not get in touch with us to see how we can assist you? There’s no obligation when you contact us. We’ll listen to your concerns and share tips and pointers gleaned from our experience in TTS improvement.
At the same time, we’re ready to take a more active role if you need help to analyse, trouble-shoot, and speed up your supply chain.