Supply Chain Optimisation
- Cost to Serve
- Time to Serve
- Distribution Network Design
- Supply Chain Mapping
- Functional Audits
- Equipment Lease Audit
- Customer Contribution Analysis
- Supply Chain Audit
- Procurement Services
- Benchmarking Supply Chain & Logistics
- Freight, Inventory, Warehouse Benchmarkers
- Transport Fleet – Routing and Scheduling
At Logistics Bureau we have assisted many companies in meeting these specific Supply Chain challenges and our work often involves assisting companies to rationalise their supply chain operations. This might involve reducing the number of distribution facilities and transport operations as well as reducing the amount of inventory in the system to match working capital needs. Whilst our specialist modeling and optimisation tools are often an important component of our work, they are just software tools. It is their use by, and the additional knowledge and experience of, our very experienced consultants that leads to successful customer outcomes.
When companies acquire other businesses it is essential that they can absorb the growth into their operations as well as eliminate redundant assets in order to achieve synergies from their acquisition.
Much of our work in this area has related to Supply Chain Due Diligence reviews of potential acquisitions.
Our experience in this area is across may industries, see Customer List
Our work in this area often involves:
- Rationalisation of distribution facilities
- Refurbishment of distribution facilities
- Rationalisation of SKU’s and reductions in inventory
- Realignment of transport operations to meet distribution facility arrangements
- Reductions in transport operations
- Reductions in holding costs
- Reductions in working capital
- Reduced operations cost through achieving incremental cost benefits through rationalised operations.