What State are we in?
We had a great turn out from an interesting cross section of our industry which caused some lively debate too! That’s always a good thing.
I’ll be writing some follow up articles here, on some of the more contentious and challenging issues that we debated. Maybe you have some strong views or personal experience that you would like to share?
Feel free to comment here, email me, or call me. I’d be very interested to hear your views and incorporate them into my articles.
Some of the issues I’ll be writing about will include:
- The ageing workforce in Supply Chain and the issues this will cause us in the future. 48% of our workforce is over 45 years old.
- The gender imbalance in our industry. 79% of the workforce is male. What are the consequences of this?
- Why don’t we use more rail freight instead of road? Particularly given the road freight task in volume terms is likely to double by 2020!
- How can we attract and retain the right talent to our industry?
- Cheaper imports and ‘private label‘. Will it all end in tears?
I look forward to sharing some thoughts on these topics very soon.