Foremost Logistics and Supply Chain Consultants
In Singapore, Southeast Asia, and Australasia
Logistics Bureau aids, advises, and supports senior business leaders to increase business performance by improving supply chain and logistics strategy and operations.
If your business or organisation is headquartered in Singapore, our leading team of logistics and supply chain consultants is available to assist you, whether your company or organisation operates locally, regionally, or globally.
Logistics & Supply Chain Consultants in Singapore: Our Services
When you need impartial, vendor-neutral help and guidance to solve supply chain problems in your business, our team has the local knowledge and global experience to support you.
Logistics Bureau been providing consulting services in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and elsewhere in Southeast Asia for more than two decades. We engage in logistics and supply chain performance improvement projects, and provide training and guidance.
We can help you boost the performance of your supply chain and logistics operations via a range of initiatives, such as:
- Distribution centre (DC) and warehouse location planning (for new facilities)
- Distribution network optimisation
- DC/Warehouse capacity planning
- Warehouse interior design
- Warehouse layout optimisation
- Transportation fleet planning and setup
- Cost-to-serve optimisation
Who We Help With Singapore Logistics & Supply Chain Consulting
- FMCG and beverage
- Third-party logistics
- IT and telecommunications
- Government and economic development
Remote Logistics and Supply Chain Consulting – Our New Services
After recognising the need to adapt, we began working on an optimal approach to overcome the challenges of travel and movement restrictions which make the conventional methods of on-site consulting impractical in many cases.
As a result, we developed a range of game-changing solutions and services, enabling us to engage with your projects on a 100% remote basis.
You can now take advantage of the following diagnostic services and tools with no need for us to be present at your Singapore business headquarters or your operations facilities:
- Inventory management: Optimise your inventory levels, grow your sales, and reduce costs.
- Cost to serve: Tackle unprofitable customers, products, and processes by understanding and reducing your cost to serve.
- Supply chain planning: Improve your strategic effectiveness with our guidance, by taking advantage of our remote service focusing on improved planning processes for inventory, inbound supply, demand, S&OP, and KPIs.
- Demand forecasting: Increase your sales and demand forecasting accuracy.
- Distribution network optimisation: Map your distribution network and identify opportunities to gain visibility, fix problems, and save money.
- Safety stock reduction: We’ll help you to reduce working capital by optimising your company’s safety and buffer inventory levels.
- Warehouse performance: We’ll help you identify and implement measures to reduce warehouse operating costs and improve service.
We perform all the above services using digital communication, collaborative, and analytics tools, and continue to expand our range of remotely executed services. Aside from protecting your team from the pandemic risks involved in on-site collaboration, it’s also a very affordable way to engage our logistics and supply chain consultants.
Remote Logistics & Supply Chain Consulting in Hawaii
Since the COVID-19 crisis disrupted commercial activity around the globe, and especially business travel, the conventional approach to consulting engagements has been forced to change.
At Logistics Bureau, we wasted no time in responding to the new challenges of working as an external partner to our business clients. We went to work on developing a range of solutions and tools enabling us to work remotely, while still providing the high quality of service to which our clients are accustomed.
We continued enhancing our remote working capabilities during 2021, and we now offer ALL our consulting service remotely—meaning you can engage our team to align with yours on any type of project, or take advantage of our packaged remote diagnostics solutions.
The areas covered by our range of remote supply chain analytics and diagnostics packages, available to your business in Hawaii include:
- Demand forecasting: Our analytics solution and service can assist you to achieve significant accuracy improvements in your forecasting.
- Safety stock reduction: Are your safety inventory levels optimal? We can help you to right-size them to guard against supply chain shocks while reducing working capital.
- Warehouse performance: We’ll help you identify and resolve pain points and issues with your warehouse processes with a fast-track program of diagnostics and guidance.
- Inventory management: With our help, you’ll be able to reduce inventory levels by as much as 20%—and it will take just two weeks to get you started.
- Cost to serve (CTS): Did you know that up to 14% of your sales are likely to generate losses instead of profits? Identify them and take action with the help of our CTS diagnostic service.
- Distribution network optimization: Is your network delivering the optimal performance your business needs? Analysis often shows up improvement opportunities—and we can help you to capitalize on them.
Companies That Trust Us
- ACE Perdis
- A&L Windows and Doors
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abey Australia
- Air Liquide Australia
- Access Info Mgmt
- Acco Brands
- AGR Cyanide
- Air New Zealand
- Alcon Laboratories
- Albi Imports
- Allied Pinnacle
Inspirational Leadership is Our Success Driver
We hope you will get to know us, and as a start, here’s a brief introduction to the two gentlemen who head our operations, guiding and inspiring our team of over 35 logistics and supply chain consultants:
Owner and Group CEO
Rob has built the Logistics Bureau business over the last 23 years to reflect his passion for helping people and businesses to achieve supply chain excellence and so improve performance.
Deputy Group CEO
David joined Logistics Bureau in 2001, following his relocation to Australia from the UK, where he had established a decade of experience in the finance sector.
Frequently Asked Questions
If so, perhaps you share one of the more common concerns for enterprises planning to hire consultants, which is “Will we receive genuine value in return for the fees payable?”
Here’s what our founder and CEO, Rob O’Byrne, says in response to that question:
“I offer you my personal assurance, that at Logistics Bureau, you will. The majority of our consulting assignments result in a payback for the client within six months. That’s why we have loyal customers, many of whom have been with us since we launched our business in July 1997.”
Here are answers to a few of the other questions you might have:
1. How do you structure your consulting fees?
We can charge on a fixed-fee basis or at a daily rate. Some of our clients opt for the daily rate structure, particularly for implementation support assignments, when they need flexibility in the amount of days consultant-days provided. However, the bulk of our engagements are based on a fixed fee for an agreed scope of work and outcome.
2. How do you calculate your consulting fees?
We base our fees purely on the resources required to achieve your project’s objectives. We carefully scope and plan every project with our clients before submitting any proposal, basing our calculations on the resources that we require to achieve your objectives. That approach allows us to ensure that everybody’s expectations are clear.
We then conduct a period of detailed project planning to establish time lines and resource needs. If appropriate, we prefer to go through two or three iterations of a proposal to ensure we get it right. However, we do not pass the costs of this planning on to the client.
We a lot of care over our project pricing and planning, because we guarantee the results of our engagements!
3. How do you source new business?
A lot of our new clients tell us that they never heard of Logistics Bureau before. The reason for this is that we keep our marketing activities low key.
The largest proportion of our work—some 65%—comprises repeat business with clients who know and trust us. A further 30% of new business comes via referrals. The remaining 5% originates from inbound enquiries.
If you are new to working with us, a referral from one of our existing clients can help to fast-track the introductions and see if we are a good fit for you, and vice versa.
4. Do you work with us on site, or remotely?
Prior to the onset of the Coronavirus pandemic we often worked primarily on-site at the client’s location, complementing that with remote working as appropriate. For example, some projects would begin with one or two workshops at the client’s facility, followed by a combination of remote and on-site participation from our consultants.
However, as a result of the pandemic, we decided to develop our remote working capabilities, so now it’s possible for us to work with you on a 100% remote basis, using digital collaborative and communications technology.
What Our Clients Say
S&OP Project Manager / Supply Chain Manager, Weston Milling
Friesland Campina, Thailand
Logistics Manager, Vale Argentina
Logistics Director, Lion Nathan Australia
Head of Supply Services ANZ, Reckitt Benckiser
MD, Independent Tubemills
Siam City Cement Company – Bangkok
General Manager – Retail, Campus Experience, Macquarie University
Assistant Managing Director, Samitivej Public Company Limited – Samitivej Hospitals – Bangkok
General Manager – Logistics, Australian Discount Retail
Former Chief Executive Officer, George Weston Foods Baking Division – Australia
Commercial Manager, Bayer Healthcare
Global Procurement & Logistics Manager, Aristocrat Industries – Australia
Global Manager, Warehousing and Distribution,Maersk Logistics Denmark
Supply Chain Manager, GSK Consumer Health
Former Supply Chain General Manager Fosters, Carlton United Breweries
Khun Surasak Jinapun
Gold City Footwear – Thailand
CEO, White International – Australia
Guaranteed Results? Get in Touch to Learn How We Do It
The best way to learn more about Logistics Bureau and how we can help your business in Singapore, is to talk with one of our consultants directly. For a free initial consultation, complete the form and we’ll arrange a call at a time that suits you.