West Australia Director
Simon Jessamine is the West Australian Director for Logistics Bureau, the largest logistics and supply chain specific consulting business in the Asia Pacific region which specialises in all aspects of the supply chain from source to consumer.
As well as being a very accomplished guitarist and cook, Simon brings to Logistics Bureau a wealth of experience in consulting, training delivery and business management.
Having held positions with Westinghouse and later with Inchcape PLC, Simon played a major role in establishing the first commercial mineral laboratory facilities in West Africa and went on to complete many other projects in South East Asia. During this time Simon’s experience extended through the introduction of multiskilling, design and construction of new warehouse facilities, transport systems development, developing and negotiating major international supply contracts, standardising consumables and capital equipment for the company’s overseas sites.
Subsequently, Simon moved on to take up a senior position with a FMCG’s company as Executive Officer Logistics and Customer Service. A major part of his role was to develop world best practices which encompassed automation and integration of the entire supply chain and delivering the highest levels of service. Simon has travelled overseas extensively to visit and study world best companies utilising leading edge technology.
Following Simon’s position as Managing Principal of Western Pacific Logistics Consulting Pty Ltd, the consulting arm of the Western Pacific Group, Simon went on to acquire and direct some of Western Australia’s iconic companies which included the negotiation and acquisition of the WA State laundry from the West Australian Government. Simon has now joined Logistics Bureau directing the WA operations with his extensive experience in General Management, Supply Chain and Logistics Management in the public and private sectors.
25 years Supply Chain & Management Consulting
15+ years MD / GM Business Management experience
30 years Supply Chain experience
Simon has a wide range of skills and experience that he’s picked up over the vast years in supply chain management and consulting which are listed below.
Management consulting in public and private sectors in areas of:
- Business Restructuring, mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic Negotiation with unions, government and private sector
- Supply Chain/Manufacturing and automation advise
- Business Process Outsourcing [Public (State/Federal) and Private]
- Cultural Change/Change Management
- Supply Chain Solutions, Design and Strategy
- Warehouse Operations, Design and Management
- Specialising in tender and bid formulation, contract management and Probity Advice [Public and Private]
- Training in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Advise to Boards and Executive Management in business improvement strategies
Simon has experience in the following area’s:
- Negotiated the privatization of the WA State laundry [owned, operated and managed] 8th largest in the world.
- Owned and operated 3 companies [two of which were medium sized national companies].
- Review of the Business Rules funding levels for Disability Services Commission together with other major human services assignments within WA.
- Automation of a national company’s DC facilities for FMCG’s with major reductions in staff and improvements in productivity.
- Outsourcing of various business units for WA Government, included preparation of all tenders, business remodeling and case justification leading tender teams to contract.
- Benchmarking studies to mining companies monitoring supply chain efficiencies including a major study on supply chain dynamics for the largest Telecom company.
- Development of national/overseas manufacturing bases for FMCG’s.
- Development of international supply network for mining operations in Africa, Europe, Americas and Pacific Rim countries.
- Past Managing Director of iconic WA companies.
- Experienced in Government and media dealings.
- Experienced in real estate dealings in retail, commercial and Industrial [past real estate agent].