Progressive and Pragmatic Logistics and Supply Chain Consultants
In Malaysia, Southeast Asia, and Australasia
Logistics Bureau is an Australian consulting company that provides the services of its logistics and supply chain consultants in Malaysia to local, regional, national, and international enterprises and organisations.
We aid, advise, and support senior business leaders in Kuala Lumpur and throughout Malaysia, with the aim of improving logistics and supply chain management to increase business performance.
When you need a consulting partner with a progressive and pragmatic approach, and no affiliations with product or service providers, our team is ready to help you solve the challenges of managing logistics and supply chains in Malaysia and internationally.
Chat to our supply chain & logistics consultants for Malaysian businesses today.
Logistics & Supply Chain Challenges in Malaysia, and How We Can Help
Every country has a unique combination of supply chain issues and challenges, requiring a depth of knowledge in the geographies, politics, infrastructures, and commercial environment that give rise to them.
Our consultants have worked with numerous businesses and agencies in Malaysia, and possess the local knowledge and expertise necessary to provide meaningful help to leaders and managers in KL and the other commercial centres in the country.
Typical supply chain and logistics issues in Malaysia, which our consultants are familiar with, include:
- The need to improve demand forecasting accuracy and determination of safety stock levels
- General inventory management issues
- Inadequate or suboptimal application and integration of supply chain systems
- High logistics costs
- High turnover of logistics personnel
- Ineffective supplier management and communication
- Shortage of expertise in international logistics
- Challenges with raising the profile of customer service as a supply chain/logistics related concern
We have noted and experienced all the above issues across multiple commercial sectors in Malaysia, and have completed thousands of projects related to them in countries all over the world.
This experience, coupled with our wide range of on-site and remote consulting solutions, makes Logistics Bureau a compelling choice for companies needing assistance to improve supply chain and logistics performance.
Logistics & Supply Chain Consulting in Malaysia: Sectors We Serve
Our clients in Malaysia have primarily been operating in the FMCG, heavy industry, and automotive sectors. However, on a global basis, our consultants have practiced within all the following verticals:
- Third-party logistics
- IT and telecommunications
- Government and economic development
Regardless of the sector within which your organisation operates, we are sure to have an in-depth understanding of the challenges you face in supply chain management—and whatever problems you are facing and wish to solve, it’s probable that we have tackled and overcome them with our clients many times before.
Our Consulting Services in Kuala Lumpur and Throughout Malaysia
We can help you achieve increased business performance by implementing supply chain improvements and initiatives. Our range of services is broad, encompassing all aspects of supply chain and logistics operation.
To give you a flavour of the ways in which we can assist your business, here are a few of the project types for which our clients regularly engage us:
- Developing supply chain strategy
- Assistance with logistics insourcing and outsourcing strategy/decisions
- 3PL partner selection/sourcing
- Optimising warehouse layout and flows
- Supply chain and logistics training and education
- Cost-to-serve analysis
- Distribution network optimisation
- Determining warehouse space and capacity requirements
- Distribution centre/warehouse interior design and layout
- Strategic distribution centre/warehouse site selection
Remote Logistics and Supply Chain Consulting – Our New Services
Soon after the onset of the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020, we saw a need to adapt our consulting approach to a changing business environment.
To enable us to continue to serve organisations like yours in the face of travel restrictions and social distancing measures, we developed new digital tools and consulting processes, all of which allow us to work on client’s projects without any physical on-site presence.
We’re pleased to offer a range of 100% remotely executed services and solutions, all of which include our usual guarantee of positive results, are realistically priced, and tailored to the needs of your business. These solutions include:
- Inventory management: Are your inventory levels too high? We’ll help you find out, optimise inventory levels and management processes, and increase profits as a result.
- Supply chain planning: Improve your planning effectiveness with our help, by taking advantage of our remote supply chain planning improvement service. It will aid you to improve planning processes for inbound supply, inventory, S&OP, and KPIs.
- Cost to serve: Some of your customers, products, and processes could be limiting your profitability. We’ll assist you to identify them and reduce your cost to serve.
- Warehouse performance: Reduce your logistics costs & raise your service levels through better warehouse management.
- Demand forecasting: We’ll analyse your forecasting accuracy and guide you towards the first steps to improvement.
- Distribution network optimisation: Even the most well-developed distribution networks become suboptimal over time. Our network analysis and optimisation service will help you get the best from your distribution nodes and assets.
- Safety stock reduction: Our consultants will help you evaluate your safety inventory levels and right-size them to meet your current business needs.
Companies That Trust Us
- ACE Perdis
- A&L Windows and Doors
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abey Australia
- Air Liquide Australia
- Access Info Mgmt
- Acco Brands
- AGR Cyanide
- Air New Zealand
- Alcon Laboratories
- Albi Imports
- Allied Pinnacle
Meet Our Leaders: The Inspiration that Drives Us
However, nobody upholds those values more than the two gentlemen at the helm of our business, and it is their resolve and determination to remain true to them, that inspires us to continue Logistics Bureau’s good work and expand our services to help businesses not just in Malaysia, Southeast Asia, and Australasia, but around the world.
We hope you will get to know some of our team in person, so as a first step, here’s a quick introduction to our leaders:
Owner and Group CEO
Rob is the founder of Logistics Bureau and several other consulting and educational businesses. He is passionate about supporting and helping enterprise leaders to achieve supply chain and logistics excellence.
Deputy Group CEO
David joined the Logistics Bureau team in 2001, after gaining nine years of operational experience in the United Kingdom’s finance sector and subsequently relocating to Australia.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have not heard of Logistics Bureau before. How do you market your business?
We’ve always employed a low-profile approach to marketing, with over 60% of our business made up of repeat engagements with clients who trust us. Of the remainder, 30% of our work comes from referrals, and a small percentage from inbound enquiries.
2. What fee structures do you utilise?
We can agree fees on a fixed basis or at a daily rate. Both methods are popular with our clients. The daily rate is ideal for implementation support and similar projects, as it allows flexibility in the number of consultant-days provided. For other project types, a fixed fee, based on an agreed outcome and project scope, is often preferred by our customers.
3. How do you calculate the fees for a project or assignment?
The first step in fee calculation is for us to scope and plan your project carefully. We consider this necessary to ensure that expectations are clear to all concerned.
Next we quantify the resources required and determine project time lines. Where appropriate, we execute two or three iterations of a proposal, to be absolutely certain we get it right.
All this detailed planning and prep comes at no cost to you, the client. We absorb the expenses, since we insist on such a high degree of detail in the planning, which is what enables us to offer a guarantee of positive results.
4. Do you work with us remotely, or on site in our business?
Since the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, we realised that the way in which we provided our services would need to change. We therefore embarked on development of a new range of tools and services, enabling us to continue supporting our clients with the need to be physically present on their business premises.
Some of those services are outlined on this page, and they enable you to engage us as a remote source of support and help for your organisation. Of course, we still offer on-site consulting where it makes sense and where social distancing and other pandemic-related rules allow.
Ultimately, we can arrange to work with you in the way that’s most appropriate for your needs—from primarily being with your team on site, through a hybrid approach of on-site and remote consulting, to a 100% remote service.
5. Can you ensure value in return for the fees we will pay?
We’re always conscious that business leaders unused to working with consultants can have concerns about the return on investment when engaging external project resources. It’s only natural to wonder if you will receive real value from working with a company like ours.
Our CEO, Rob O’Byrne, offers a personal answer to address the concern, and by including his quote here, we hope that will answer this essential question.
Here is what Rob will be pleased to tell you if you speak with him in person:
“I offer you my personal assurance, that at Logistics Bureau, you will. The majority of our consulting assignments result in a payback for the client within six months. That’s why we have loyal customers, many of whom have been with us since we launched our business in July 1997.”
What Our Clients Say
S&OP Project Manager / Supply Chain Manager, Weston Milling
Friesland Campina, Thailand
Logistics Manager, Vale Argentina
Logistics Director, Lion Nathan Australia
Head of Supply Services ANZ, Reckitt Benckiser
MD, Independent Tubemills
Siam City Cement Company – Bangkok
General Manager – Retail, Campus Experience, Macquarie University
Assistant Managing Director, Samitivej Public Company Limited – Samitivej Hospitals – Bangkok
General Manager – Logistics, Australian Discount Retail
Former Chief Executive Officer, George Weston Foods Baking Division – Australia
Commercial Manager, Bayer Healthcare
Global Procurement & Logistics Manager, Aristocrat Industries – Australia
Global Manager, Warehousing and Distribution,Maersk Logistics Denmark
Supply Chain Manager, GSK Consumer Health
Former Supply Chain General Manager Fosters, Carlton United Breweries
Khun Surasak Jinapun
Gold City Footwear – Thailand
CEO, White International – Australia
Ready to Learn More?
Talk to Our Logistics & Supply Chain Consultants in Malaysia
The best way to learn more about how we can help you boost your supply chain & logistics in Malaysia, is to talk with us directly. How does a FREE initial consultation sound? It’s easy to arrange.
Just fill out the form and we’ll get right back to you to set up a chat with one of our logistics and supply chain experts.
Alternatively, we welcome your contact by phone at +61 (2) 8212 9775, or by email to [email protected].