Game-Changing Logistics and Supply Chain Consultants
In Hawaii & Mainland USA
At Logistics Bureau, our leading team of logistics and supply chain consultants supports the improvement of businesses in Honolulu, across Hawaii and throughout North America.
We help senior business leaders enhance efficiency and effectiveness within their supply chains, in turn generating substantial benefit for their enterprises.
Chat to one of our supply chain & logistics consultants for Hawaii based businesses today.
Who Do We Help With Logistics & Supply Chain Consulting in Hawaii?
For more than 20 years, Logistics Bureau has been leading and participating in projects for large and medium enterprises around the world. Our work in Hawaii has mostly been with companies engaged in the production and sale of industrial products and automotive parts.
Elsewhere our engagements have spanned the majority of commercial and industrial sectors, including:
- Third-party logistics
- Government & economic development
- IT & telecommunications
- FMCG & beverage
- Construction, mining, and energy
Whether your organization participates in one of the above categories, or another field, our logistics and supply chain consultants can provide you with the impartial, objective advice and support you need—either on site with your team in Hawaii, or via remote channels using the most up-to-date real-time analytic, collaboration, and communication tools.
Logistics & Supply Chain Challenges in Hawaii, and How We Can Help
Our consultants have worked with several clients in Honolulu and other localities in Hawaii. As a result, a number of them have gained the experience and knowledge necessary to assist business leaders with minimal need for geographic familiarization.
We understand that any business in Hawaii with supply chain dependence must contend with obstacles such as:
- Reliance on a single commercial port for shipping to and from the US mainland and other overseas locations, and the vulnerability of that port to environmental and weather events.
- Inter-island transportation challenges.
- Congested West-coast ports in the US and associated shipping delays to and from the islands
- Infrastructure challenges such as traffic congestion in urban centers and underdeveloped rural road systems.
We’ve already helped Hawaiian enterprises to manage some of these issues more efficiently, and especially around the process of resupply of inventory from the US mainland and Asia. Optimization of inventory levels is another area in which we’ve undertaken projects for clients with business in Hawaii.
Logistics & Supply Chain Consultants in Hawaii: Our Service Portfolio
A list of all our services would be too long to publish on this page, but here as a selection of those that we are asked most often to undertake:
- Improvement and optimization of distribution and supply networks
- Logistics insourcing and outsourcing strategy/decisions and contract negotiations
- Interior design and setup of distribution centers and warehouses
- Materials handling equipment selection and implementation
- Warehouse and distribution center site selection
- Supply chain strategy development, and alignment with overall business goals
- 3PL partner selection
- Capacity planning for new warehouse facilities
- Goods transportation fleet setup
- Redesigning and optimizing layout of existing warehouses
- Cost-to-serve analysis and diagnostics
- S&OP implementation
- Management and staff training and education
Having completed more than 1,700 client’s projects there are not many supply chain issues that we haven’t solved at least a handful of times—and now we’re able to work on yours without the need for on-site consulting, as we’ve developed and refined the capability to offer 100% remote project support.
Remote Logistics & Supply Chain Consulting in Hawaii
At Logistics Bureau, we wasted no time in responding to the new challenges of working as an external partner to our business clients. We went to work on developing a range of solutions and tools enabling us to work remotely, while still providing the high quality of service to which our clients are accustomed.
We continued enhancing our remote working capabilities during 2021, and we now offer ALL our consulting services remotely—meaning you can engage our team to align with yours on any type of project, or take advantage of our packaged remote diagnostics solutions.
The areas covered by our range of remote supply chain analytics and diagnostics packages, available to your business in Hawaii include:
- Demand forecasting: Our analytics solution and service can assist you to achieve significant accuracy improvements in your forecasting.
- Safety stock reduction: Are your safety inventory levels optimal? We can help you to right-size them to guard against supply chain shocks while reducing working capital.
- Warehouse performance: We’ll help you identify and resolve pain points and issues with your warehouse processes with a fast-track program of diagnostics and guidance.
- Inventory management: With our help, you’ll be able to reduce inventory levels by as much as 20%—and it will take just two weeks to get you started.
- Cost to serve (CTS): Did you know that up to 14% of your sales are likely to generate losses instead of profits? Identify them and take action with the help of our CTS diagnostic service.
- Distribution network optimization: Is your network delivering the optimal performance your business needs? Analysis often shows up improvement opportunities—and we can help you to capitalize on them.
Companies That Trust Us
- ACE Perdis
- A&L Windows and Doors
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abey Australia
- Air Liquide Australia
- Access Info Mgmt
- Acco Brands
- AGR Cyanide
- Air New Zealand
- Alcon Laboratories
- Albi Imports
- Allied Pinnacle
A Stalwart Team with Dauntless Leadership
Owner and Group CEO
Rob’s passion for helping people to grow and improve their businesses is what motivated him to create a consulting company around a quarter of a century ago. So he launched Logistics Bureau—and the rest is a very successful history of helping clients around the world.
Deputy Group CEO
David joined Logistics Bureau in 2001, following his immigration to Australia from the UK, where he had previously built up ten years of experience in the finance field.
Frequently Asked Questions
If so, perhaps you harbor one of the common concerns among organizations planning to hire consultants: “Are we certain to receive genuine value in return for the fees payable?”
Here’s what our CEO and founder, Rob O’Byrne, has to say in response to that question:
“I offer you my personal assurance, that at Logistics Bureau, you will. The majority of our consulting assignments result in a payback for the client within six months. That’s why we have loyal customers, many of whom have been with us since we launched our business in July 1997.”
Here are answers to a selection of other questions you might have:
1. What structure do you use to apply your consulting fees?
We can apply fees on a fixed basis for your project or on an agreed daily rate. The daily rate structure is most appropriate for implementation support and similar assignments, as it allows for flexibility in the number of consultant-days we provide. For many other types of project, the fixed fee structure might be preferable, as you will have visibility of our overall project charges, for an agreed scope of work and outcome, from the outset.
2. How are the fees calculated?
We calculate fees according to the resources required to meet your project’s goals. Before submitting any proposal, we carefully scope and plan the project with you, and determine what resources will be necessary to complete it. This ensures that all stakeholders share an aligned set of expectations.
We then undertake detailed project planning to arrive at time lines and resource requirements. When appropriate, we might run through two or three iterations of a proposal to be sure we get it right. All the costs of this detailed preparatory work are borne by Logistics Bureau, not the client.
An exhaustive process of project pricing and planning is essential to us, because it’s what enables us to guarantee the results of our engagements.
3. How do you market your company to generate new business?
It’s common for new clients to reveal to us that they never heard of Logistics Bureau before. It comes as no surprise though, because we have a very low key marketing strategy.
Around 65% of our work is repeat business with clients who call on us regularly for help. They know and trust us and their referrals bring us another 30% of our new business. The small remaining percentage comes from inbound enquiries.
If you haven’t worked with us before, a referral from one of our clients can help to speed up the introduction and onboarding process.
4. Do you work with us on site, or remotely?
Under normal circumstances (and even those existing in the current pandemic climate to some degree) we follow the conventional consulting approach, which involves our consultants spending some time in the client’s business, combined with remote working as appropriate.
However, as explained elsewhere on this page, the need to change our methods was evident after a few months of life with COVID-19 plaguing businesses and communities everywhere. That’s why we took the decision to innovate, developing capabilities and systems allowing us to maximize the benefits of working 100% remotely.
Ultimately, we assess every potential project to determine whether it’s necessary to combine remote consulting with an on-site presence at the client’s location(s), but wherever possible in the current circumstances, we work remotely, saving costs for our customers and minimizing navigation of the difficult landscape for business travel existing under pandemic conditions.
What Our Clients Say
S&OP Project Manager / Supply Chain Manager, Weston Milling
Friesland Campina, Thailand
Logistics Manager, Vale Argentina
Logistics Director, Lion Nathan Australia
Head of Supply Services ANZ, Reckitt Benckiser
MD, Independent Tubemills
Siam City Cement Company – Bangkok
General Manager – Retail, Campus Experience, Macquarie University
Assistant Managing Director, Samitivej Public Company Limited – Samitivej Hospitals – Bangkok
General Manager – Logistics, Australian Discount Retail
Former Chief Executive Officer, George Weston Foods Baking Division – Australia
Commercial Manager, Bayer Healthcare
Global Procurement & Logistics Manager, Aristocrat Industries – Australia
Global Manager, Warehousing and Distribution,Maersk Logistics Denmark
Supply Chain Manager, GSK Consumer Health
Former Supply Chain General Manager Fosters, Carlton United Breweries
Khun Surasak Jinapun
Gold City Footwear – Thailand
CEO, White International – Australia
Let’s Talk About Boosting Your Supply Chain Performance
There’s no better way to learn more about how we might help you drive profitability, savings, and efficiency in your Hawaiian business than a one-to-one conversation with one of our consultants.
You can do that, FREE OF CHARGE and with no obligation, by completing and submitting the form. Why not take a moment to do that now?
We’ll get right back to you to schedule the call at a time that suits you.
If you prefer to contact us by phone, we’re waiting to hear from you at +61 (2) 8212 9775, or you could drop an email to [email protected]. Let’s talk, and see if Logistics Bureau can solve some supply chain issues for your business.