Transport Route Planning – Routing
Supply Chain Optimisation
Last mile delivery is expensive!
More home deliveries? Smaller more frequent deliveries? Fluctuating demand? Rising delivery costs?
These are all things your business is probably experiencing right now.
One of the things we have learnt, in helping clients with these issues since 1997 is this. If your transport delivery fleet has never been ‘designed’ but rather, has grown up over time, you are probably missing out on 10-15% in cost saving!
Ever heard of the problem of the travelling salesman?
If you know anything about the planning of delivery transport routes, you probably have. The problem is how to connect the dots in the most efficient way possible. In the world of transport, it means ensuring your fleet assets are used effectively.
Failing to do so will lead to not hitting service targets and losing control over costs. This is even more the case for multi drop operations.
Route Planning & Optimisation Detailed analysis can be carried out to ensure that transport fleet assets are used effectively, by testing a range of route planning and drop allocation scenarios.
Our consultants have routing experience ranging from bread and milk deliveries to ready mix concrete!
This route analysis approach can be used to test elements such as:
- More home delivery volume.
- Dealing with more online orders.
- The impact of customer geography and order profile on transport cost and service.
- The impact of varying transport delivery time windows.
- The impact of changing vehicle types and sizes on utilisation and cost.
- The impact of changing driver shift patterns.
If these issues sound familiar, we can probably share some solutions with you.
Why not send through an email or book a free 1 on 1 ‘Advisory Call’ right now? We’ll be happy to share our experience. The advisory call goes like this in 4 simple steps:
- Review your current situation.
- Identify the main issue causing the problem.
- Map out a simple 3 step action plan for you to fix the problem.
- Leave you feeling clear about how you’ll resolve the problem.
You can book that call on the top right of this page.